MECAL is a fast-growing, global engineering organisation, headquartered in Enschede, the Netherlands. With Dutch offices located in Enschede, Groningen, Eindhoven and offices in Korea and USA, MECAL employs approximately 130 people worldwide. We offer a wide range of innovative, high-tech products and services to the Wind Energy, Semiconductor- and related High Tech Systems industry in close cooperation with outstanding partners.
Products and Services
MECAL provides all competencies needed to develop mechanical and mechatronic products from specification phase into series production. Within our ISO controlled product generation process MECAL manages and carries out the entire project from specification until hardware realisation in house.
For our Engineering team in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, we are looking for a:
PROJECT SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Project Software Engineer is a member of a multidisciplinary project team and is cooperating in his daily work with a lead designer and/or architect. The software engineer designs and realises the complete software package for prototype mechatronic systems. Software package content can range from Matlab simulation models, real-time machine controls to machine user interfaces.
• Prepares and completes software design and/or development proposals based on customer requirements.
• Creates and presents software development proposals in project meetings and to customers
• Develops machine software architecture with interface requirements
• Creates or interfaces with simulation models of the mechatronic system
• Program and test machine controls and user interface both in virtual model and on machine hardware by rapid prototyping strategy.
• Works effectively within the project team, adapts to different project stages and adequately adjusts his role to the project stage.
• Focus on Risk Management, Quality, HSE, Continuous Improvement of processes with aim to meet customer requirements
• Participate in internal and external audits
• Comply with all applicable standards, laws, legislations and regulations
• Education in Mechanical/Electrical/Software Engineering at Bachelor (HBO) or Master (WO) level.
• At least 1 year of proven work experience in project teams within the field.
• Up-to-date knowledge of technologies and techniques within the work field.
• Good knowledge of software and mechatronics design.
• Proficiency in translating requirements into practical software design.
• Good knowledge of customer needs and requirements.
• Basic knowledge of different stages in a development/design process or project.
• Proficient in using Matlab/Simulink, basic knowledge in other languages such as C/C++/Python
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
• Good sense of responsibility, self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Combine creativity with pragmatic designs.
• Being able to switch between in depth analysis and broad, system level approach.
• Excellent expression skills, especially in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Working in teams with enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-growing, internationally oriented organisation.
• A dynamic and ambitious working environment with short communication lines and much room for own initiative and personal development.
• Excellent career and education opportunities.
• Excellent primary and secondary employee benefits.
You can send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Mr. Dick van Haare (HRM).