Wind Turbine Inspections
Ensure the reliable operation of your wind turbine by using MECAL’s inspection services. With over 3000 wind turbine inspections every year world-wide and evaluation of more than 24 GW capacity in wind farms, our knowledge and expertise is growing continuously.
Safeguard and evaluate
We offer inspection services that will help you safeguard and evaluate the technical status of your investments. Our services encompass the entire life-time of the wind turbine, starting from before the wind farm is constructed.
Turbine Inspection Types
We offer turbine inspection services, which take place at various intervals during the life-time of a wind turbine. These services sometimes require video endoscope for more detailed results. We use this for an all-round assessment of the gearbox. Other inspection services are:
- End of Construction Inspection
- End of Warranty Inspection
- Periodical Inspections
- Inspections as part of Due Diligence
Our inspectors work according to the highest quality levels in a systematic, transparent and reproducible manner. An extensive inspection checklist has been developed from industry experience and practices and it encompasses:
- Turbine’s civil works (foundations, roads, external transformer, earthing system, cable paths)
- Tower interior and exterior, ladder systems, winches, elevators
- Turbine control cabinets / SCADA-system / error logs and power curve
- Electrical components and electrical cables structures
- Gearbox and drive train
- Yaw drive, pitch drives, generator, cooling systems
- Rotor blades and outside of the nacelle
- Safety measures and safety signage
We are able to quickly provide you a report with a trend analysis and wind farm overview using a digitalised checklist on a PDA.
For more information, please contact our business unit Wind Farm Services.